FRIENDS OF FAIRSTED STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLES
Friends of Fairsted adopts these principles as a guide for all of our interactions, as a group and as individuals:
- Be respectful, welcoming, inclusive, and accessible
- Facilitate open and transparent conversations
- Seek community feedback and address recommendations
- Equitably respond to the changing needs of the diverse communities we serve
- Create space for the voices of communities who have been historically marginalized and underrepresented
- Openly collaborate with allied groups and organizations
- Ensure that our events and programs embody these principles
We recognize and value different perspectives and approaches. We encourage dialogue and collaboration based on mutual respect.
Our commitment to these principles is demonstrated through, but not limited to, our board recruitment; relevant and engaging public programs; public advocacy efforts and grant-making; and communication strategies.
As we continue on our journey forward, we will annually evaluate and adjust these principles.